- Andrea was one of more than 100 authors who participated in the third annual Colorado Book Festival on March 3, 2018. Watch for details on next year’s event at www.cobookfestival.com.
- “Tributaries,” a web series of brief place-based writings published by The Fourth River literary journal, featured Andrea’s short essay “Badgers Run” on July 5, 2017.
- Andrea joined other authors from the region in the Author Showcase at the 2017 Mountain of Authors event put on by the Pikes Peak Library District on April 8, 2017.
- Andrea discussed approaches for nonfiction writing with members of the Pueblo West Writers on March 25, 2017.
- 2016 Colorado Authors’ League (CAL) Writing Award winners, including Andrea, gave readings and answered questions about their work at an event co-hosted by CAL and Barnes & Noble on Sunday, June 26, 2016.
- “Between Urban and Wild” won the Blog Category in the Colorado Authors’ League 2016 Writing Awards.
- Susanne K. Bloomfield discusses Between Urban and Wild on her book blog on January 9, 2016, along with Julene Bair’s The Ogallala Road.
- Andrea and fellow Colorado authors Steve Alexander, Heidi Bailey, Kathy Brandt, Jerred Coleman, and Shelley Walchak talked books and writing with a lively group of patrons at the Woodland Park Library’s Local Author Showcase on Thursday, October 15, 2015.
- Andrea participated in the Author Showcase of the Pikes Peak Library District’s Mountain of Authors event on April 4, 2015. Mountain of Authors is an annual community program that provides an opportunity for the public and local authors to meet and listen to notable Colorado authors, and for aspiring writers to learn more about the craft of writing.
- On February 3, 2015 Andrea visited the Standley Lake Library to discuss her book, Between Urban and Wild, with the Tuesday afternoon book club.
- Essayist and poet Linda M. Hasselstrom offers writing retreats at her family’s ranch in South Dakota, which Andrea regularly attends. Linda relates a humorous story about book promotion that involves Andrea on her Windbreak House blog.
- Ankle High and Knee Deep: Women Reflect on Western Rural Life is a collection of essays by more than forty women, offering perspectives and lessons learned on the ranch and on the farm. The volume includes three essays by Andrea, “Rock Work,” “Home on the (Small) Range,” and “Contemplating the Fire Seasons.”
- Between Urban and Wild was shortlisted in the Adult Nonfiction category of the Reading the West Award, sponsored by the Mountains & Plains Independent Booksellers Association. The Reading the West Awards are designed to promote books whose subject matter is set in the Association’s 12-state region. Check out all the titles on the list using the link above, and support your local independent booksellers!
- Susan J. Tweit interviewed Andrea for for Story Circle Book Reviews in March, 2014, asking about essay writing, the act of seeing, humor, indexing, and more. Read the interview here.
- Andrea participated in “Voices of the Valley,” a literary evening in celebration of the landscapes of the Upper Arkansas valley to benefit the Land Trust of the Upper Arkansas, on March 19, 2014.
- Author and writing coach Page Lambert reviewed several women’s memoirs, including Between Urban and Wild, on her All Things Literary, All Things Natural blog in March, 2014.
- Writer and plant biologist Susan J. Tweit reviewed Between Urban and Wild for Story Circle Book Reviews in January, 2014.
- Central Colorado Magazine published a review of Between Urban and Wild by Eduardo Rey Brummel in its December 2013 edition.
- Holly Carver, acquisitions editor for the University of Iowa Press and series editor for Bur Oak Books, conducted a three-part interview with Andrea in November 2013:
- The following interview with Andrea was conducted by Trafalgar Square Books, publisher of equestrian books and DVDs, and posted on the Trafalgar Square Books Blog on November 3, 2013: Behind the Scenes: Our Own TSB Indexer Writes a Book About Colorado and Conserving Rural Life (with Horses!)
- A review of Between Urban and Wild, written by Leslie Doran, appeared in the Durango Herald newspaper on November 11, 2013: Native tips on life in the Colo. wild.